Pages

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Loving My Life

     I sometimes fear that I may sound repetitive, but it's hard to not continually talk about the things you are passionate about.  And my passion is for children.
     For the past 6 days, I have spent the majority of each day working with all ages of children:

  • Monday - Friday I worked 4 hours with a couple dozen 3rd graders, and then 3 hours with the same number of 4th-5th grade boys.  
  • Friday evening I worked 3 hours with 12 children ages 4-12.
  • Saturday I spent 6 hours working a booth at a kid's day event, interacting with an uncountable number of children.
  • Sunday  morning I spent an hour supervising/playing with two 2 year olds.  One of those sweet girls, when she saw me in the parking lot as I called out her name,  called out my name as well, and ran to me. I picked her up and she hugged me as I carried her inside. It was the sweetest thing. Later this same morning I gladly held a 7 month old for just a few moments while her mom went to get the car out of the rain.

    I wish I could share pictures of all these precious children, but I will respect their privacy.
    I am so blessed to be surrounded by children.  I love my life.

-MNM

No comments:

Post a Comment