"Infertility is not just an illness. ...It is a whole-life experience that encompasses our marriages, our relationships, and our faith."I was recently given a copy of the newly released e-book Plus or Minus (written by Matt and Cheri Appling, published by Moody Publishers), in exchange for writing a review on it. I'll be writing an Amazon review as well, but this book was worth more than just an Amazon review.
This book follows the story of 3 different couples who were faced with infertility, and their journeys. I related to each couple in one way or another (and not the least reason being because they are from Kansas City and New Orleans, both of which I have ties to). The quote that I started the post out with was the first of many that stood out to me - that I would have underlined, if it had been a physical book- and it was just in the introduction!
The authors do a great job of including personal stories, scientific/medical facts, and spiritual application. They cover how infertility affects our faith in God, our marriages, and our relationships with others (and the world in general). The balance between these topics makes it relatable, informative, and thought provoking.
I found myself crying as I related to the hard things, but also when the couples experienced joyful moments. I laughed at some of their comical experiences.
And ultimately, the best review I can give, I found myself driven to my knees in prayer once I finished it.
I recommend this book to any who may be facing their own infertility journey, and for any who are watching their loved ones go through this journey and would like to understand a little bit better.
-MNM
No comments:
Post a Comment