Whether it's because you've lost your own mom, have lost a child, or have never been able to have your own children, if you want to go off the grid on Mother's Day, you are not alone. I can (thankfully) only relate to one of those examples, but regardless, I know the pain the day can bring.
For those who have never been a mother - I am thinking of you today. This day is probably the hardest day of the year for you (I know it is for me). All of the lies that surface due to infertility are thrown in your face.
I'm not good enough.
I don't deserve to be a mother.
I'm a failure as a woman.
Everyone is a mother except me.
Everyone of them is a lie. Don't allow yourself to dwell in them.
You are loved and appreciated for who you are right now, mother or not. Keep doing the work you've been given. Care for (mother) those around you. You are making an impact in people's lives. You are needed.
God has a plan for you, and it, along with His timing, is perfect.
And once you've told your own mother how much she means to you, you have permission to disappear for the rest of this emotionally draining day.
-MNM
No comments:
Post a Comment