In my last post I asked myself the question "What if the answer is 'no' - will I be OK?" But during a sermon I heard recently, I was convicted that I was asking the wrong question, focused on the wrong thing.
The question I need to be considering is "If the answer is no, will I still trust God?" If I can not honestly answer that question with "of course", then I have some serious reevaluating to do in my life. If my faith/trust in God is dependent on Him doing (or giving me) what I want, or think He should do, that's not actually faith or trust. I'm not sure what it is, but it's certainly not trusting that He is in control and knows what's best for me.
The question I need to be considering is "If the answer is no, will I still trust God?" If I can not honestly answer that question with "of course", then I have some serious reevaluating to do in my life. If my faith/trust in God is dependent on Him doing (or giving me) what I want, or think He should do, that's not actually faith or trust. I'm not sure what it is, but it's certainly not trusting that He is in control and knows what's best for me.
And I do believe that. I believe that He is in control, and will do what is best for me. Even when I may not understand.
-MNM
No comments:
Post a Comment